I use photography to educate and inspire people about science and conservation. My specialty is documenting research in the Arctic and Antarctic.
On this site you will find portfolios of images, information about recent projects and upcoming events, plus excerpts from published stories.
Recent site updates:
News and events:
- Press: February 11, 2014 - my work photographing polar science is featured in an interview with Jaymi Heimbuch on Mother Nature Network: Can photos of ice help translate the science of climate change?
- Press: February 7, 2014 - three of my photographs from Siberia were selected for The Pristine Russia Exhibit, which will be touring throughout Russia during the Year of Culture.
- Publication: January 7, 2014 - Slate online magazine: Puffin colonies are crashing. Quick! Let's hunt them.
- Hardcover book: Science on Ice (University of Chicago Press) available in stores. For a limited time, get it for $17 from U Chicago Press. Click here, then enter catalog code AD9978 and look for book number 342.
- ThinkTank camera bag special offer: receive a free accessory when you spend $50 or more (use code AP-195).