I use photography to educate and inspire people about science and conservation. My specialty is documenting research in the Arctic and Antarctic.
On this site you will find portfolios of images, information about recent projects and upcoming events, plus excerpts from published stories.
- Presentation: December 10: PINC conference, Sarasota, Florida.
- Assignment: April 2016: Hydrothermal vents expedition, Suva, Fiji, for Schmidt Ocean Institute
- Press: October 6, 2015 - Winner, birds category, 2015 Nature's Best Photography Windland Smith Rice International Awards.
- Publication: November 20, 2014 - Ensia: Tracking the fate of ancient carbon in the Siberian Arctic
- Hardcover book: Science on Ice (University of Chicago Press) available in stores. For a limited time, get it for $15 from U Chicago Press. Click here, then enter catalog code AD1200 and look for book number 340.
- ThinkTank camera bag special offer: receive a free accessory when you spend $50 or more (use code AP-195).
- Sign up for my quarterly newsletter
Recent site updates: