- Award: December 31, 2014 - highly honored, Polar Passion category, 2014 Nature's Best Photography Windland Smith Rice International Awards.
- Publication: November 20, 2014 - Ensia: Tracking the fate of ancient carbon in the Siberian Arctic
- Publication: June 5, 2014 - The Atlantic: The 'Rock Star' of the Submarine World Just Turned 50
- Publication: June 1, 2014 - Smithsonian print edition (June 2014) & website feature my coverage of the Alvin submersible science testing: A League of its Own
- Publication: May 28, 2014 - Marine Technology News article: Upgraded Alvin Sub Passes Scientific Sea Trials
- Publication: May 15, 2014 - May 2014 issue of Deep Sea Life features my Alvin images
- Interview: May 8, 2014 - interview about my exhibit featuring polar species at risk: Climate change captured on film by Sean Gonzales in the Cape Cod Times.
- Interview: April 1, 2014 - interview about my work: Science icescapes by Jessica Marshall in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences
- Interview: March 7, 2014 - Emelia DeForce interviews me for the MO BIO Culture Dish blog: Visual Arts in Science
- Interview: February 22, 2014 - ‘River Doctors’ links art and conservation by Andrew Wilder: review of my River Doctors exhibit in the Manitou Messenger, St. Olaf College
- Interview: February 11, 2014 - my work photographing polar science is featured in an interview with Jaymi Heimbuch on Mother Nature Network: Can photos of ice help translate the science of climate change?
- Exhibit: February 7, 2014 - three of my photographs from Siberia were selected for The Pristine Russia Exhibit, which will be touring throughout Russia during the Year of Culture.
- Publication: January 7, 2014 - Slate online magazine: Puffin colonies are crashing. Quick! Let's hunt them.
- Interview: December 1, 2013 - Featured Photographer of the Month, International League of Conservation Photographers
- Exhibit: November 3, 2013 - my photograph titled 'Thawing permafrost, Siberia' is selected for the curated exhibition Vanishing Ice: Alpine and Polar Landscapes in Art 1775-2012, Whatcom Museum, Bellingham, WA, on display November 3, 2013 - March 16, 2014.
- Award: November 2, 2013 - selected by the iLCP for an expedition to Chiloe Island, Chile
- Award: September 16, 2013 - promoted to Senior Fellow, International League of Conservation Photographers
- Publication: September 1, 2013 - feature article on Atlantic puffins in the Cornell Lab of Ornithology's Living Bird magazine
- Interview: July 8, 2013 - Marcie Sillman from Seattle's NPR station KUOW interviews me about my work photographing the Polaris Project in Siberia
- Publication: June 1, 2013 - feature article on the Fraser River in Canadian Geographic magazine
- Interview: February 20, 2013 - Photographer shoots research in progress interview article by Peter Dunn in MIT Technology Review magazine
- Interview: December 16, 2012 - Boyd Matson interviews me about Science on Ice for National Geographic Radio
- Interview: September 28, 2012 - Megan Prasad from the Harvard Crimson writes about my presentation at the Harvard Museum of Natural History in her article Photographer Chronicles Antarctic Journey
- Interview: September 17, 2012 - Heather Goldstone interviews me about Science on Ice for WGBH NPR's Living Lab radio program
- Award: June 30, 2012 - awarded honorable mentions in the Flora and Natural Environment at Risk categories of the 2012 International Conservation Photography Awards
- Interview: April 01, 2012 - interview about my work documenting polar science featured in the April issue of Outdoor Photographer magazine
- Publication: March 15, 2012 - images from Greenland featured in an article on the Nikon USA website: Want Better Pictures? Tell a Story
- Award: February 23, 2012 - selected as one of 13 New Stars of Photography in the March issue of Smithsonian Magazine
- Book review: February 2, 2012 - Science on Ice book review in Seattle Met magazine
- Interview: January 27, 2012 - Peter Rejcek from the Antarctic Sun writes about my work in his article Embedded with Scientists
- Book review: January 22, 2012 - Beautifully illustrated book showcases polar oceanography by Tracy Hampton in the Cape Cod Times
- Interview: January 10, 2012 - Ann Dornfeld from Seattle's NPR station KUOW interviews me about Polar Sounds
- Interview: December 30, 2011 - Ira Flatow interviews me about science in Antarctica for NPR's Science Friday radio program
- Publication: December 22, 2011 - Greenland Supraglacial Lakes photo essay featured in Huffington Post
- Interview: December 14, 2011 - video interview about my experiences photographing Adélie penguins produced by the Cornell Lab of Ornithology
- Publication: December 9, 2011 - Challenging Science Stereotypes photo essay featured in National Geographic Newswatch
- Book review: December 5, 2011 - Science on Ice tops the gift list on the Smithsonian Surprising Science blog
- Publication: October 13, 2011 - Arctic Ocean melt pond image on the cover of the scientific journal Nature
- Book review: October 7, 2011 - SciCom alumni write chapters for "Science on Ice" photo book by Rob Irion on UC Santa Cruz Science Communication Program website
- Publication: July 15, 2011 - The Fraser River - The Study of a Watershed photo essay featured on National Geographic Newswatch
- Interview: July 7, 2011 - 7 Conservation Photographers Saving the Planet Through Amazing Pictures on Treehugger.com
- Exhibit: March 3, 2011 - my work is featured at the Annenberg Space for Photography Slideshow Night in conjunction with the Extreme Exposure exhibit.
- Interview: February 21, 2011 - International League of Conservation Photographers (iLCP) Photographer of the Month: An Interview with Chris Linder, by Jenny Nichols.
- Publication: February 9, 2011 - Dispatch from the Ross Sea: Images From Antarctica by Chris Linder, Huffington post Green, February 9, 2011.
- Interview: January 3, 2011 - my work is featured in an interview with Marcy Davis in the Polar Field Services newsletter article Polar Careers: Every Picture Tells a Story.
- Publication: November 19, 2010 - Feature article on Adélie penguins published in Dec/Jan 2011 Ranger Rick Magazine.
- Award: October 20, 2010 - My image of a saguaro cactus received a 'highly commended' in the BBC Wildlife Photographer of the Year competition.
- Video: April 22, 2010 - Two multimedia productions about climate change featured at the International Polar Year Science meeting in Oslo, Norway in June. The conference will display and explore the full breadth and implications of International Polar Year activities - under the theme "Polar Science - Global Impact". The multimedia productions include the Bering Sea ecosystem and the climate implications of thawing permafrost in Siberia (Polaris Project).
- Award: April 15, 2010 - Selected as a 2010 Fine Outreach for Science (FOFS) GigaPan Fellow by Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Award: March 27, 2010 - Two images selected as honorable mentions in the Natural Environment at Risk category of the 2010 International Conservation Photography Awards. They were on display at the Burke Museum of Natural History from June 19 through September 6, 2010 in an exhibit of the award winning images.
- Award: March 26, 2010 - Nominated by the International League of Conservation Photographers to attend the LOOKbetween photo festival in Charlottesville, Virginia, a weekend celebrating the work of 90 of the "most innovative and progressive emerging photographers."
- Presentation: March 24-25, 2010 - Presented two lectures at Hobart and William Smith Colleges: "Siberia's Carbon Bomb and How Undergraduates are Helping to Defuse It", and a keynote lecture for the Climate Change and its Impacts on the Environment conference, "Communicating Climate Change".
- Publication: December 1, 2009 - featured photographer on the Cornell Lab of Ornithology All About Birds website.
- Presentation: October 13, 2009 - Keynote speaker for the New Jersey Science Convention.
- Award: September 30, 2009 - Awarded a National Science Foundation Antarctic Artists and Writers grant to document the natural history of the South Polar skua on Ross Island.
- Interview: August 11, 2009 - KNPB TV Reno uses several of my Polaris Project photos in an online multimedia interview with Dr. Sudeep Chandra and Joanne Heslop.
- Publication: July 24, 2009 - my photos from the Polaris Project in Siberia are featured in a multimedia slideshow on the New York Times Dot Earth blog.
- Publication: June 24, 2009 - the latest Live from the Poles expedition to the Bering Sea is a "Top Feature" on the Discovery Channel's Deadliest Catch website.
- Publication: April 13 - May 11, 2009 - writer Helen Fields and I contributed blogs & photos to Scientific American's 60 Second Science blog during the Bering Sea expedition.
- Publication: April 6 - May 13, 2009 - story excerpts from the Bering Sea Live from the Poles expedition were featured on the Earth Live website.
- Publication: April - May, 2009 - learn about science photography through a series of blogs I've written for the liveBooks RESOLVE community of photographers.
- Presentation: February 20, 2009 - I presented an invited slideshow titled Educating the Public about Polar Science at the Conservation Photography in a Changing World outreach event at the North American Nature Photography Association Annual Meeting in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Assignment: January 25 - February 10, 2009 - I was a member of the International League of Conservation Photographers Borderlands RAVE (Rapid Assessment Visual Expedition). Our mission was to document the wildlife, ecology, and effect of immigration and the border wall on the landscape along the US-Mexico border. Learn more at the International League of Conservation Photographers website or view stories and photos posted to an interactive map on the Borderlands RAVE site.
- Publication: December 22, 2008 - The 2008 Nature's Best photography winners, including my shot of an Evenki reindeer herder, are featured on MSNBC.com.
- Award: December 19, 2008 - ThinkTank Photo has named me an Affiliate, allowing me to pass on ThinkTank merchandise discounts to anyone! Simply log in to my ThinkTank Affiliate program page and start shopping. When you spend more than $49.50, you get a free gift from ThinkTank.
- Award: October 9, 2008 - My photograph of an Evenki reindeer herder was selected as the winner of the Indigenous Cultures category in the 2008 Nature's Best Photography Windland Smith Rice International Awards. It will be on display at the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History from November 8, 2008 through May 3, 2009 in an exhibit displaying 45 of the award winning images.
- Exhibit: October 2-31, 2008 - My image of Mount Sefton is featured in an International League of Conservation Photographers exhibit sponsored by Art for Conservation. The exhibit will run October 2 - 31 at The Collective Fine Art Gallery, 109 S. College Avenue, Fort Collins, Colorado.
- Exhibit: September 27, 2008 - my photo of Arctic Ocean sea ice is used as a backdrop in the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History's new Ocean Hall. The Sant Ocean Hall is the largest permanent exhibition ever produced by the National Museum of Natural History. A one-of-a-kind interpretive exhibit, it showcases biological, geological, and anthropological expertise and unparalleled scientific collections of the museum, as well as ongoing research in marine science.
- Publication: August 18, 2008 - The Fish and the Med Student photo essay published in the Fall 2008 issue of Pitt Med magazine.
- Exhibit review: August 14, 2008 - Icy light article by Patti Conley about the Exploring the Arctic Seafloor exhibit published in the Beaver County Times (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania).
- Exhibit: August 9, 2008 - Exploring the Arctic Seafloor: Photographs by Chris Linder opens at the Carnegie Museum of Natural History. To celebrate the opening, I gave gallery walkthroughs and a slide show presentation of Arctic and Antarctic photography in the Earth Theater.
- Exhibit: May 23 - Three of my photographs are selected for the ILCP Wyoming RAVE exhibit at the National Museum of Wildlife Art in Jackson, Wyoming. The exhibit will run through summer 2008 and will raise awareness about issues facing wildlife in the Pinedale, Wyoming area, the site of a proposed increase in natural gas drilling.
- News: April 22, 2008 - I am one of five photographers invited to join Mountain Light Pictures, Galen Rowell's stock agency. Mountain Light Pictures aims to build "the best available library of outdoor, adventure, lifestyle, travel, and environmental images."
- Presentation: April 14, 2008 - "An evening exploring the Arctic" distinguished lecture follows the Night of the Titanic program at the Houston Museum of Natural Science.
- Presentation: March 27, 2008 - I present the invited Mary C. McCurdy lecture at the National Science Teachers Association National Conference on Science Education in Boston, talking about how photography can be used as a tool to educate and inspire kids (and adults!) to learn about science.
- Interview: March 21, 2008 - I am featured in an article about Antarctic artists in the Antarctic Sun.
- Exhibit: February 22-23, 2008 - Exploring the Arctic Seafloor: Photographs by Chris Linder opens at the Field Museum of Natural History. To kick off the opening, I delivered two slide show presentations of Arctic and Antarctic photography in conjunction with the Chicago Park District's Polar Adventure Day on February 23rd.
- Publication: December 26, 2007 - "Subzero" photo essay published in Wired Magazine issue 16.01 on the Live from the Poles Arctic Seafloor assignment. Check out the online slideshow and multimedia piece on Wired's website.
- Interview: December 3, 2007 - Live from the Poles expedition 3 (Antarctica) is featured in the December 3rd CapeCast broadcast from the Cape Cod Times.
- Award: November 9, 2007 - I am elected an Emerging Member of the International League of Conservation Photographers. The ILCP aims to translate conservation science into compelling visual messages.
- Publication: July 26, 2007 - the Live from the Poles Expedition 2: Arctic Seafloor media team is featured in the July 26, 2007 Veco Polar Resources newsletter.
- Award: April 1, 2007 - I am awarded the April Polar Awareness Award from the Canadian Polar Artists Group for my use of photography to educate the public about the polar regions.
- Exhibit: March 5, 2007 - A selection of my images from the Arctic Ocean will illustrate a traveling exhibit by the International Polar Foundation on the European DAMOCLES climate change project. The exhibition's first installment was in Brussels from March 5-15.
- Interview: March 1, 2007 - Leslie Gaydos from New England Cable News interviewed me about the launch of the International Polar Year in this 3.5 minute video, originally broadcast live from the Museum of Science, Boston's Current Science and Technology Center. watch the video
- Interview: March 1, 2007 - Adam Weiss from the Museum of Science, Boston talked to me about the launch of the International Polar Year in this 12 minute podcast. listen to podcast
- Award: February 2, 2007 - Photo of a red fox sleeping on the tundra has been selected for the North American Nature Photography Association 2007 Member's Showcase.
- Exhibit: January 15, 2007 - See a sampling of my arctic images in the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History Forces of Change online exhibit: The Arctic, A Friend Acting Strangely.